Sunday, November 16, 2008

Marlin 795

I went back to Academy and asked if they could get a Marlin 795 in. They looked and found they had three in stock, just none on display. So they opened one up so I could take a look at it.

I think this is the one. It does indeed have a similar feel in the hands as a Model 60. The stock appears to be just about the same size, shape, but just synthetic. It has a number of different features from other .22 rifles I checked out that set it apart.
  • Excellent sights. Ghost ring front, orange dot, folding rear sight
  • Bolt locks open when the chamber is empty, has a release lever ahead of the trigger where the crossbolt safety is on most rifles. For someone used to running semi-auto pistols, this is very cool. Put in the mag with the bolt open, flip the lever and let it chamber. I like it.
  • Comes with sling swivels installed from the factory .. hey it's a small touch, but one less thing to mess with
  • Monte-Carlo type stock, with a raised comb for better fit.
I do think the Mossberg 702 is a copy of the Marlin 795 mechanically. However it doesn't have the bolt release lever, and the stock is shaped differently.

Now I just need to get the money to go out and buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment